Here is a super simple recipe for flatbreads. Quick and easy!
- 1 cup yoghurt
- 2 cups SR flour
- Mix ingredients in a mixer with dough hook
- Roll out and cut in circles
- Fry in a very hot pan with NO oil
This beef and peanut slow cooker curry is a simple and easy curry that suits my little ones. Not too spicy but has a good flavour. I also avoid salt in these recipes so add to taste if required. Other vegetables that would suit this include red capsicum and potatoes.
- 700g diced steak
- Peanut oil
- 3 small sweet potatoes, diced into chunks
- 2 carrots, cut into slices or however you like
- 1/2 cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 1 tin baby corn spears
- 1 large onion or 2 small onions, diced
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 2 tsp red curry paste (if you like it hotter could add 2 tbsp instead!)
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice (or lime juice if you have it)
- 400ml can coconut milk
- Steamed rice to serve
- Heat tbsp of peanut oil in frying pan and add diced steak.
- Seal the meat only (do not cook fully) and place in slow cooker.
- Add some more oil to the frying pan and add onions.
- Cook for a few minutes until starting to brown, then add minced garlic, ginger and curry paste.
- Stir for a minute then add coconut milk, sugar, peanut butter and a squirt of lemon juice.
- Stir together and season with salt and pepper if required.
- Place carrots and sweet potatoes in the slow cooker along with the mixture from the frying pan and stir to combine.
- Cook on low for 7-8 hours. When around 2 hours remaining add chopped cauliflower. When around half an hour remaining add the baby corn. (Adding these vegetables later stops them turning to mush!)
- Serve with steamed rice
This chicken barley slow cooker casserole is a very easy and yummy dish for babies and toddlers. I like to slice the carrots and zucchini so that my son can pick it up and eat it with his hands. This is the first time I have cooked anything with Pearl barley and it is delicious. Has a beautiful texture and nutty flavour. Just soak it in water for 6-8 hours and then cook in boiling water for half an hour. Yum!
- 2 tsp Thyme (dried)
- 1 tsp Rosemary (dried)
- 2 tsp Parsley (dried)
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 Cup Chicken Stock (salt reduced)
- 1 Cup water
- 500g Chicken Thighs
- 1 medium onion diced finely
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 3 Carrots diced or sliced as you prefer
- 1 small Zucchini diced or sliced as you prefer
- Pearl Barley to serve
- Brown chicken in frying pan and place in slow cooker
- Brown onions in frying pan, add garlic and stir.
- Add onions and remaining ingredients in slow cooker
- Cook on low for 8 hours
- Serve with Pearl Barley