These sure are some delicious viennese shortbread cookies. You can keep these shortbread cookies simple or decorate them for a party with sprinkles. Either dark chocolate or white chocolate are lovely for this shortbread cookie and can be tailored as you like. Here i used blue and white stars with some green sprinkles. Other options could be white chocolate with blue sprinkles, perfect for a frozen party! Unfortunately I only had one left for a photo haha these were so delicious they didn't last long!
- 250g butter at room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 55g caster sugar
- 35g rice flour
- 100g dark chocolate
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius fan forced
- In a mixing bowl beat butter, sugar and extract until smooth.
- Sift flours and add to mixing bowl
- Beat until smooth and can easily be piped. This can take around 3-5 minutes. You will see that the mixture is soft and quite light in colour.
- Add mixture to a piping bag with a large open star tip. I like to use Wilton Decorating Open Star Icing Tip #4B
- Pipe shapes approx 6cm long x 3cm wide on trays lined with baking paper. You don't want the shapes to be too long or too narrow otherwise they may break when you try to dip in the chocolate
- Bake around 12-15 minutes when they should be lightly browned
- Cool on trays
- When the cookies are cool, melt the chocolate in a small bowl and mix in the vegetable oil
- Dip half of each cookie in the chocolate and place back on the tray. Add sprinkles quickly if required as they will set quite fast
- Enjoy and try not to eat them all yourself!